2020 Surf Cup Phoenix (Youngers) December 27 - 29, 2020
Welcome to the 2021 Surf Cup Phoenix (Youngers) Tournament! This tournament will take place December 27 - 29, 2020 at The Scottsdale Soccer Complex in Scottsdale, AZ. This is a Class I Tournament open to USYS, US Club Soccer, USSSA and FIFA affiliated teams.
This IS a stay and play event. Teams can NOT book hotel rooms until they receive notification of acceptance from the event. All reservations must be booked through Maverick Sports Travel. Booking with Airbnb or any independent home booking or hotel booking company is not permitted. Teams can be disqualified for not following this policy. We do not have an opt out option for this policy so please understand it before submitting your application.
We will offer calendar year age groups for 2012 - 2007 birth years.
There will be a 3-game guarantee with semi-finals and finals on Tuesday, December 29, 2020.
This is a US Club sanctioned event. All players must use player cards from the 2020/2021 season.----
Surf Cup COVID 19 Guidelines
The goal of this event is to provide a safe environment for young athletes to compete and showcase their talents. Keeping our young athletes and families safe is a group effort and requires cooperation from the athletes, parents, coaches, referees and event staff.
Anyone that is not feeling well should Stay Home!
Anyone that doesn’t feel comfortable participating should Stay Home!
Surf Cup Covid Contact: Jesse Turner email@example.com
• For safety reasons, we are asking one spectator per player
• Masks are mandatory for all individuals at the facility. Only athletes, when on the field playing, are allowed to be without a mask but they must wear a mask until they take the field.
• All players, coaches, referees and parents must follow all facility guidelines and remain 6’ apart at all times, whether sitting or standing
• No sharing of personal equipment or water bottles amongst players and coaches
• Each coach and or manager must certify, daily, that each player has passed a verbal health screening
• Coaches are responsible for players adhering to all guidelines
• All visitors and athletes must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit
• Teams must not arrive on the fields until 30 minutes before their scheduled game time and must leave the facility immediately after their games, no congregating is allowed. Teams and families may not set up tents at any venue before, during or after games. For 9am games, teams can not arrive until 8:30am even though these are are the first games of the day. For 8am games, teams may not arrive before 7:30am.
• Surf Cup will provide Field Marshal's to help enforce all guidelines
• No pre or post game rituals are allowed including coin toss, handshakes or high-fives
• Surf Cup will provide canopies. Each team must provide their own benches if they choose as benches can’t be shared between teams
• Spectators will sit on opposite sides of the fields from the players and coaches and on their half of the field mirroring their team. Spectators are not allowed to co-mingle with the opposing team spectators
• No Food Vendors are allowed
As most of the COVID cases during youth sports events are spreading off the field, we strongly recommend the following precautions:
• No carpooling of multiple households is allowed
• No mixing of different households of players allowed in hotel rooms
• No team meetings at hotels or restaurants
• No parent social gatherings at hotels or restaurants
• No inside dining or entertainment facilities
Dec 27, 2020
Dec 29, 2020
Application Submission Deadline
Dec 26, 2020 5:00 PM
Allowed Player's Age Groups:Boys: U9 U10 U11 U12 U13 U14
Girls: U9 U10 U11 U12 U13 U14
Accepted teams that request to drop from the tournament prior to the November 15, 2020 application deadline will be entitled to a full refund less a $75 administration fee and less the credit card processing fee.
Any accepted team is not entitled to a refund for any reason after the November 15, 2020 application deadline.
Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance; Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a governmental order cancels the event or prevents your team from traveling to the event, you will receive a full refund minus any credit card processing transaction fee